Via: New York Daily news
Forget white! Kim Kardashian could have been wearing green at her wedding.
The buxom reality-TV diva and her basketball-playing hubby, Kris Humphries, raked in a lot more than a few toasters when they tied the knot last night — scoring about $17.9 million by turning the ceremony into a media extravaganza.
The exclusive photo rights to the Hollywood super nuptials were sold to People magazine for $2.5 million, a source told The Post.
But that’s just the icing on the couple’s cash cake.
Their biggest payout will come from turning last night’s ceremony into a four-hour, two-part TV spectacular called “Kim’s Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event,” which will air on E! in October.
The special is expected to pull in $12 million to $15 million for the Kardashian family franchise and for the show’s producer, Ryan Seacrest.
The wedding likely didn’t cost the celebrity couple much, if anything, experts say.
LA celebrity event planner Tony Schubert said many vendors would have either comped or given huge discounts to the couple in return for the publicity.
“It benefits the vendors, their goods and services [to be] shown to millions of people,” he said.
The 30-year-old star of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” picked the Sotto Il Monte estate in Montecito, Calif., for the black-tie affair.
Her $15,000, 10-tiered wedding cake with chocolate-chip icing and black and white decorations made by Hansen’s Bakery was comped, too.
In addition, the $10,000 worth of invitations by Lehr & Black were free.
“It seems they released the invitation a few weeks ago for obvious reasons. It’s all part of the game,” Schubert said.
Other costs would have included $2 million for Mark Gardens floral arrangements of African white roses and black and white décor, tents, lighting and favors.
Caviar, Kobe burgers, truffles, cupcakes and other tasty tidbits for the reception racked up a sweet $750,000 tab for the nearly 500 guests, which included Seacrest, Lindsay Lohan, Eva Longoria, and Carmelo Anthony and his wife, La La, People reported.
The $3 million in wedding bling — including the couple’s $1 million nuptial bands and Kim’s $2 million engagement ring, all by Lorraine Schwartz — was deeply discounted.
Even the $50,000 bachelorette party was sponsored, by Tao of Las Vegas.
In a public wedding of this magnitude, “everything is usually paid for or traded out,” said TV consultant Adam Armbruster of New Jersey-based ESA & Co.
After the wedding, the couple planned to head to New York, where Kim and her sister Kourtney will work on their reality TV show “Kourtney & Kim Take New York.”
During the filming, they will have a second wedding party at Capitale.
Making off like bandits
While the wedding of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries was reported to cost a manicured-eyebrow raising $10 million, the lovebirds really didn’t have to shell out a dime — in fact, they’ll rake in at least $17.9 million for just saying, “I do”!
Payments they received
* $15 million plus profit for four-hour, two-part wedding special on E!
* $2.5 million for exclusive photos with People magazine
* $300,000 for exclusive engagement announcement with People
* $100,000 for exclusive rights to bridal shower with Britain’s OK! mag
* $50,000 to have bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas
Stuff they got for free
* $15,000 to $20,000 Hansen’s Bakery wedding cake
* $20,000 Vera Wang wedding dress and fittings
* $40,000 for two more Vera Wang evening dresses
* $400,000 in Perrier Jouet Champagne
* $150,000 in hair and makeup for photo shoots and TV “home video”
* $10,000 in Lehr & Black wedding invitations
* $2 million 20.5-carat engagement ring and $1 million wedding bands by jeweler Lorraine Schwartz. The amount they paid for these items hasn’t been revealed, but it’s much less than their worth.
– Oh how the world works. Kim Kardashian is paid over $17million for access to her wedding and the horn of Africa has no access to food and water. After they return from their honeymoon in Europe – expect a magazine cover of pictures from there, they don’t do ANYTHING for free or without a photographer in tow – they will be in NY to start shooting for Kim & Kourtney Take NY and then after they will have their own Newyled show, Ryan Seacrest confirmed.
Here is an exclusive picture of a sneak peak of the bride. People magazine’s spread will be out Friday August 26. We can say what we want about her but you can’t take away that she always manages to look beautiful, whether its fake beauty or not. I honestly can’t believe she is married, and the groom wasn’t Reggie Bush! It really seems like she settled to get married and it all doesn’t seem genuine just business. As much as I can’t stand her fame-whoring annoying ways, she has made it clear how she has longed to be married with a family so you can’t help but feel somewhat happy for her, and its just amazing how someone can have so much luck and fortune in their life. Anyone else with a sex tape would never have sky-rocketed to fame as she did, her and her mother created an empire out of nothing. It also amazes me how the media handled this wedding, it made me cringe. They dubbed it the America’s version of the royal wedding and how they treat her like she she cures cancer by day and saves the world by night. I have never seen someone as famous as her and the way she plays the game of fame is smart and deceiving in discrete and young girls and women everywhere that follow the Kardashian brand are blind to it and I can’t help but still be annoyed by everything she stands for. It just amazes me. Growing up I wanted to help children, donate money, volunteer in hospitals and I wanted to be a famous fashion designer but this generation, upsets me when you have women like Kim Kardashian considered “role models”.