Best Gossip Girl quotes:
- Well I’m sorry I’m not who you thought I was, but what’s happened is in the past, and all I can do is try to change. If you can’t accept that, then you’re not who I thought you were.
- The problem with fairy tales is that they set a girl up for disappointment. In real life, the Prince goes off with the wrong Princess. Or the spell wears off and two lovers realize they’re better off as… well, whatever they are.
- But for some, that time never comes. Instead of healing old wounds, the wait just open new ones. Time after time.
- ‘Bass. Oh my god. I read about you on Gossip Girl. You’re like the Devil.’Finally. Some truth in advertising.’
- You have to know everything, control everyone, trust no one.
- Blair: But I am me. And you are you. We’re Chuck and Blair. Blair and Chuck. The worst thing you’ve ever done—the darkest thought you’ve ever had—I will stand by you through anything.
Chuck: And why would you do that?
Blair: Because I love you.
Chuck: Well that’s too bad.
- I’ll always be here. I don’t want you going anywhere. I couldn’t bear it. So whatever you want to do to yourself, please don’t do it to me. Please.
- You saved my life when I didn’t want to be saved
- In life as in art, some endings are bittersweet. Especially when it comes to love. Sometimes fate throws two lovers together, only to rip them apart.
- I know you better than I know myself.
- Maybe you just want me to be as unhappy as you are.
Chuck: I would never wish that on anyone. I want you to be happy.
Blair: Then look down deep, into the soul I know you have, and tell me if what you feel for me is real.
- Until you’re locked in a prison of your own making. Smile for the camera
- My father always thought I was weak. And in the moment that mattered most, I was. I couldn’t be there when he ah— I left. Ran away. I’ve been pushing myself to prove him wrong and… pushing you away.
- With enough time, we all find what we’re looking for. Even if it was there all along. And when time slows and suddenly every moment counts, all you want is for this time to last forever.
- I can’t let my feelings cost me all I’ve built.
Blair: Even if it means losing me instead? All I ever did was love you.
Chuck: The worst thing I ever did. The darkest thought I ever had. You said you would stand by me through anything. This, Blair, is anything.
- We both hit rock bottom, Chuck. But we’ve hit it together. At least we won’t be lonely in hell.
- The world you’re looking for only exists from the outside. The only reason I survive in it is because I always knew it was empty.
- Because I suddenly realized it— the way to get over you wasn’t by hooking up with some random guy. Or pretending we didn’t happen. You and I loved each other. And then you broke my heart. I’d been doing everything possible not to face that fact. I’m gonna kiss somebody someday. And when I do, it’ll be for me. Goodbye
- I destroyed the only thing I ever loved.
- Chuck: Your world would be easier if I didn’t come back.
Blair: That’s true. But it wouldn’t be my world without you in it.