This week goes to Lil Wayne. Basically his music is crap, they are hits because they are catchy and good club bangers but it’s not real rap. Right now hip hop isn’t real, you have these rappers singing about non sense. I like real music, I like music that tells a story and is real. Not about bling bling, money, sex, cars and “bitches and hoes.” This is why I love Kanye West, I think he is the best rapper right now. His music tells a story, he mixes emotion with swag. I just love him…but this post is about Wayne.
This song is the absolute best of his. It’s raw and real. He is showing emotion and anyone can relate to the song. If he makes more music like this, then he can be considered a rapper, and aside from being a rap/pop artist…there’s a difference. Now that he is in jail I am sure he is writing a lot and a real, deep music will come out of it.
The words are very strong and meaningful. I thought this song was about his ex-wife Antonia Carter, but than I find out it’s about one of his baby mama Nivea that was the reason for his divorce..but with four baby mama’s who can know? I’m sure he doesn’t know either.
“I’ve been lonely, I’ve been waiting for you. I’m pretending, and that’s all I can do. The love I’m sending ain’t making it through to your heart.”
– I love the beginning!…it’s self-explanatory.
“Pain, since I’ve lost you, I’m lost too, feelin’ like he at the bottom like a horse shoe. Sorry for the trouble that I put you and your heart through. God knows that I’d do anything for a part two, or to be prayin’ for the day you come back to me, sayin’ that you forgive me. “
– It’s about the aftermath of the break up. He knows he put her through a lot and he regrets doing so because he will do anything for a second chance. He is trying hard to have her forgive him.
“Give me another chance, I’m needin’ it like a kidney. I don’t wanna advance, give me back her hands. Give me back her touch, I don’t ask for much but I fucked up, I know I fucked up, I admit I fucked up but everybody fuck up, now this other nigga lucked up.”
– I like this part! He is realizing what he once had after he lost it and now that she has moved on. He is left thinking about what they once had and realizing how badly he messed up and how he knows her new guy is lucky to have her.
“You forgot about the house, you forgot about the ring. I remember everything, I just wanna hear you sing. I remember the love, right after the fights. You can’t tell me you don’t remember those nights and if I would cry, then you would cry twice. To me you are the brightest star under sunlight. See take away my title, take away my stripes, you give me back my girl and you give me back my life. Give me back my girl and you give me back my life. See this is just a nightmare, so I blink twice, open up my eyes hopin’ she’d be in my sight. I remember the time, I wish I could bring it back. What she mean to me, is what I mean to rap.”
– I love, love this part! What he means with what she means to me, I mean to rap is that he had a huge year and he was on top of the world in the hip hop industry. So she means that much and more to him.
“But I hope you haven’t forgot about me up in the livin’ room watchin’ Sports center. You were cookin’ dinner, I was such a sinner, but the Lord is a forgiver. You know they say if you pray then you can get your blessings ordered and delivered and your boyfriend is not like me. I remember we would sit at home all day you called me “Butta”, I called you “Babe”. I know your daughter will be so amazin’ like you and I know you probably wish you never met me, and I just wish you never forget me and let me say, please don’t worry ’bout the women I have been with no engagement can amount to your friendship and I hope that nigga know he got a queen, and all I can do is dream .. DAMN.”
– Okay…I love this part too! LOL ‘I know you probably wish you never met me, and I just wish you never forget me.’ and again, you can see how much he really cares about this women when he says ‘I know your daughter will be so amazing like you.’